From Hope to Home
Together we can make a difference in the life of an orphan child. New statistics show that there are 163 million orphaned children waiting for hope. Every 18 seconds a child becomes an orphan without a mother or father.
- 500,000 social orphans wait in our foster care system.
- Every 15 seconds a child loses a parent due to AIDS.
- 1.5 million children are living in public care in Eastern and Central Europe alone.
- 120,000 children in U.S. foster care are waiting to be adopted.
- Conflict has orphaned or separated over 1 million children from their families in the 1990’s alone.
Room for One More advocates for the orphan. Room for One More is passionate about helping orphan children all over the world find loving homes and families through adoption grants, encouraging foster parenting, helping children in orphanages that may never be adopted with food, shelter, medical care and an education and to raise awareness for the urgent need to adopt a child with special needs to keep them from a lifetime of institutionalized living.
Be Fearless For A Child
Adoption is not just about couples who want children—or who want more children. Adoption is about an entire culture within our churches, a culture that sees adoption as a part of our Great Commision mandate and as a sign of the gospel itself.
One of the primary barriers to adoption is fear. God says, “Do not fear, for I am with you.” (Isaiah 41:10)