Adoption can cost between $5,000 and $45,000 and as a result many children around the world are not adopted. Through adoption grants, Room for One More will help offset the high cost of adoption and help a family bring their child home.
- Show Hope – Adoption grants and financial assistance
- Our Creator’s Hope – Adoption grants for qualifying Christian families
- LifeSong for Orphans – Matching grants and interest-free loans for adoption
- Ibsen Adoption Network – Links to adoption-related websites for Washington state families
- A Child Waits – Adoption grants for adopting children with special needs and low-interest loans.
- The ABBA Fund – Interest-free loans for qualifying Christian families
- God’s Grace Adoption Ministry – Provides grants of $1000 – $4000 to Christian couples
- National Adoption Foundation – Provides direct grants and loans.
- Project HOPEFUL – Educating, encouraging, and enabling families adopting children with HIV/AIDS.
- Resources 4 Adoption– A resource center for adoption grants, loans, fundraising ideas and benefits.
- Reece’s Rainbow – International Down Syndrome Orphan Ministry
- Room For One More Child – Adoption grant assistance is available at this time.
- Gift of Adoption Fund – Awards grants to adopting parents who demonstrate an unusual degree of financial hardship.
EMPLOYER/MILITARY ADOPTION BENEFITS
Many U.S. corporations offer employee adoption benefits. From extended leave (paid and unpaid) to adoption cost reimbursements, companies can receive IRS tax benefits by offering their employees these benefits so if your employer doesn’t currently offer them, consider asking them to do so. Information about adoption benefits through employers can be found at www.adoptionbenefits.com or www.adopting.org.
If you are a full-time military family, there is a one-time subsidy program where you may be entitled to adoption benefits which can include agency fees, legal fees and medical fees. These benefits are paid after the adoption is finalized. Please visit www.militaryadoption.com.
ADOPTION TAX CREDITS
Federal and state tax deductions or credits may be available. Please seek guidance with a qualified tax professional for additional information as there have been recent and significant changes in the tax rules in relation to adoption.
Some information on this page has been republished with permission from YWAM.